Home » Safari Lodges In Lake Bunyonyi Uganda – Hotels/Accommodations
There are several Uganda safari accommodations/lodges in Lake Bunyonyi Uganda where visitors can stay during their safari to Uganda.
Lodges/hotels in Lake Bunyonyi ranging are categorized into:-
- Budget safari lodges,
- Mid-range safari lodges,
- Luxury safari lodges
Hotels/lodges in Lake Bunyonyi (accommodations) are diverse in location, design, and quality. While some lodgings are located on islands, others are located along the lake’s shores or in the towns before the lake.
There are luxury, midrange, and budget lodges, as well as tented camps and campsites.
Here Are The Best Hotels/Lodges in Lake Bunyonyi Lodges And Camps:
- Bird Nest @ Lake Bunyonyi Resort
- Lake Bunyonyi Rock Resort
- Lake Bunyonyi Eco Resort
- Arcadia Lodge Lake Bunyonyi
- Lake Bunyonyi Overland Resort
- Byoona Amagara
- Bushara Island Camp
- Crater Bay Cottages
- Gorilla View Backpackers
1. Bird Nest @ Lake Bunyonyi Resort – Luxury
- Birdnest @ Lake Bunyonyi Resort is the most popular upmarket of all lodges in Lake Bunonyi. It offers amazing luxury accommodation yet is affordable.
- Its open-plan rooms have vibrant décor, with lovely, private balconies looking out to the lake.
- The outside terrace decking has a swimming pool with huge hammocks and free canoe hire.
- The secluded cottages (which sleep four) can only be reached by canoe.
- The restaurant has a quality European menu and a good wine list.
2. Lake Bunyonyi Rock Resort – Midrange
- Lake Bunyonyi Rock Resort is a comfortable, affordable, eco-friendly resort on the shore of Lake Bunyonyi.
- It features a total of 22 rooms, 19 of which are self-contained.
- Each self-contained room has a private balcony, a private bathroom, and unobstructed views of the lake and surrounding neighborhoods.
- The rooms are available in single, double, twin, or triple arrangements.
3. Lake Bunyonyi Eco Resort – Midrange
- It has private rooms, wooden thatched cottages with lake views
- Lake Bunyonyi Eco Resort is located on Kyahugye Island.
- It is surrounded by a resident small population of zebra, kob, impala, and bushbuck imported from Lake
4. Arcadia Lodge Lake Bunyonyi – Midrange
- Built upon a hill, Arcadia has intoxicating views over the lake dotted with dozens of islands and a backdrop of the Virunga volcanoes in the distance.
- It has both luxury/upmarket and midrange/standard rooms
- All the 25 cottages rooms have great views of the lake and have rooms that are self-contained with electricity and hot water.
5. Lake Bunyonyi Overland Resort – Budget
- Lake Bunyonyi Overland Resort is built with material got from surrounding villages.
- The resort provides single and family cottages as well as safari and mobile camping tents.
- The rented tents are mobile and come with or without bedding.
- The safari tents are built on raised platforms with great views of the lake and surrounding islands.
- The safari tents are self-contained with chairs, a table, twin beds, and electricity.
6. Byoona Amagara – Budget
- Byoona Amagara is situated on the idyllic Itambira Island and it is the perfect place for backpackers on Uganda safaris.
- You have an option of choosing the luxury rooms, budget rooms, or dormitories depending on your budget.
- There are even separate family cottages in case you are traveling with family.
- The rooms are built with all-natural materials and are very reasonably priced.
7. Bushara Island Camp – Budget
- Bushara Island Camp is one of the best accommodation choices for travelers on the Lake Bunyonyi tour in Uganda.
- It is an ultra-relaxed camp with a wonderful selection of cottages and safari tents.
- All tents are widely spaced throughout the eucalyptus forest.
- The ‘tree-house’ cottage set on stilts is wonderfully rustic and features a great balcony.
- All have memorable outdoor showers.
- The thatched-roof restaurant serves excellent food and has a roaring fireplace.
8. Crater Bay Cottages – Budget
- Crater Bay Cottages are built in Bufuka village on the shores of the lake.
- The 12 private cottages have single, double, and even triple rooms.
- The hotel prepares delicious crayfish and other delicacies at their restaurant.
- Other facilities in the hotel include a library, a craft shop, and Wi-Fi and laundry services at a small fee.